December 27, 2010

Sharpie

flashbacks backslash
memories i'll never forget
you already forgot
while still i climb
constantly visiting nostalgia's peak
snowed in its dysfunction
lungs suffocating in its altitude
heart catching its cold
and that's okay
im human
flawed
weak
permeable to pain
impermeable to closure
it never sinks in
repelled by my natural scent
my skin
a tally board for your failed attempts
and bullshit intentions
marked in red
bleeding
painting me in the color of error
because you failed
me
erroneously
and that's okay
im human
shit happens
you happened
and
everyday i'll continue
feverishly scrubbing at this scarlet shroud
your broken promises perspiring from my brow
dripping down my face
stinging my eyes in constant reminder
that i still cant see
until my vision is no longer distorted
no longer
stained
by this hue of you

No comments:

Post a Comment