February 16, 2011

If You Ask Me, I'm Ready

my enemy
outstretched
falling from my sleeves
im holding my fears in my hand
far away from my mind
'cause
the only fear i want this close
is you
as we build this foundation
of friendship
first
but i should tell you
in this molding of earth
you're leaving footprints on my chest
impressed on the left

slowly beating the first letter of your name
see...
you're the first to create a path of your own
through my deep forest of dying trees
you always saw the beauty in me
and paved your way right to it
planting seeds in the places where i've
been trampled with B's and S's
tip-toeing over them with the kiss of U
its sweetness
curving the taste of my bitter past
revealing that there is
a fruitful future
ripe with possibility if you just
wait for it

No comments:

Post a Comment