April 4, 2013

It's Always Love


i refuse to change who i am 
when i'm in love
because it's all i have
my passion
my devotion
my ability to get under the skin
it's what truly makes me 
me
so opened and so honest
nothing a secret 
my guts spilled everywhere 
regardless of the mess
because i live to transfuse my man with strength
hard truths and tough times of the world 
never to consume him
since at home im there to put things into perspective 
build him back up
sometimes with a tongue lashing
but it's always all love
tough love we all need sometimes 
to be reminded that the world doesn't owe us 
anything
we owe the world
we owe each other
& i owe my man the love needed to handle that
all of the love i can give
the best ways i know how
if for no other reason, simply because he's my best friend
so i refuse to change who i am
when i'm in love
because it's all i have
imperfectly honest
devoutly real
insanely faithful
love 
is all i have

No comments:

Post a Comment