November 17, 2010

Pencil Sharpener

sometimes i cry
and it surprises me every time as this unfamiliar substance
falls from my eyes
tears
tangibly forcing the reality of my evacuated emotion
lacrimation pooling at my feet deep
enough for an olympic swimmer to practice his back stroke
and i try to make sense of this weather
but i come up with nothing
since at six
i can never find the news accidently...on purpose
i dont know how to channel it
so i always miss the forecast attempting to elude its precipitating truth
as i hide deep within logic
consumed
suffocating in concrete by choice
innately attached to earth but electively detached from self
heart hushed with duct tape that will do more damage if ripped off
so leave it alone
let me translate its morse code blues for you
'cause i wont let you get close enough
not even through my poetry
don't assume these words flow from a pen
you'll be sadly mistaken
when you find out
its ink is silenced by the cap i place on its potential to permanently ink
my subconscience on paper
words too convicting
an innocent incendiary caught in the crossfire of the tears that fuel my pens
and the tears that escape from closed eyes
inadvertent inequity quashed quietly
nobody is ready for their execution
not even me
that's why i write in pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment