January 12, 2011

Hot Tea

this cup is infected
and i backed up just in time
before it confronted mine insides and
filled my fantasy with fever
peaking my thermostat with decapitating delirium
sensory overload
ive always been
so cold
unmoved by temperature 

even if i touched your earth's core
i can give nothing more
so i take all of yours
and confront your fire of desire
bare naked 

under your skin
skin thicker than the nerves of mine
yet thinner within

in defense
i fashion flesh from the inside out
please don’t get caught up on its appearance
you'll get burned
with the bravery it takes to see me for who i really am
under this wardrobe i stitched 

from the mere ideas that thread my needle
weaving in and out of experiences

because im afraid to feel them for myself
experiences as fragile as what’s left of me
the bones of my stripped skeleton
hidden in my closet
at the bottom of this cup

No comments:

Post a Comment