January 19, 2011

A Night At The Museum

im in a place i’ve never been
but i know exactly where i am
the sky
grounding me
in so much concrete that i can’t move
and i haven’t
for years
same cinder block sealing my sanity
within my toes
underneath
the souls of them all
touching earth with cold feet
refusing to diffuse their identity
with the life living right in front of me
so close my fingers can taste the touch
but still out of reach
because ive grown to be moved by stagnation
thriving within myself
feeding on the possibility of
possibly partaking in impossible love
where its paradox
is as common as a pair of socks
for my
frigid stance
so
here i stand
still
knowing exactly where i am
in a place i’ve never seen before
because for once
a sightseer was kind enough
to confront my statuesque existence
and gently
place rose colored glasses over its eyes
so i can look better
while i stand here
building up the courage to finally take a step
in my own time

No comments:

Post a Comment