January 11, 2011

Plottin'

"pardon my poetry"
its truth speaking clearly the syllables my congested heart
struggles
to
beat
the pulse of weighted words
tongue tripping over the manifestation
of consonants and vowels my mouth isnt ready to sound out
yet
'cause these lips arent ready to taste them
they quiver in fear that someone will hear
their whisper
and so i write
pen packing passion
inking my fears
but
i feel like you've known this
all along
me and you
me
afraid of reciprocity
while you
afraid i'll never flip the reciprocal
so we leave it
at the lowest common denominator
imaginary
the negative in i
obstructing my view of the positive
in you
the root...
im simply a square
afraid to round the defense of my sharp edges to
accomodate the paces of your patience
that tread the thin line of my unstable perimeter
reltentlessly
showing your work
quietly
as you passively plot your next move
to decipher each rubix cube clue
and reveal each side
of my true colors
as a whole
but
i feel like you've known this all along
and that scares me
bullshitless

No comments:

Post a Comment