October 26, 2010

Angel In Disguise

i want to show you that i'm grown up now
no more games
no more lies
no more pains
no more cries
'cause as much as I try
to play like I’m tough
i'm still a slave
to your indentured love
it shackles my soul
and captures my mind
then takes me on an impeccable middle passage
of a one of a kind
impossible to find
unconditional love
see i lucked up
but i fucked up
now this metaphor of love
is a fading memory
and a fantasy reborn
now i'm left to mourn
over a premature phantasm unlived
and
every night
i watch the agonizing movie of our past
on the now tear stricken interior of my eyelids
i see in my mind
pain, lies and cries
as it rewinds
over and over again
but
i’m pressing stop now
let’s take it from the top now
i'm no longer afraid to admit it
‘cause I see now
matter fact
i saw it all along
yet singing the same song
knowing i did you wrong
and i’m sorry
from the bottom of my heart
i want a new start
so can you open your heart
open your mind
open your ears
and take the time
to listen

i see now...
you were truly a blessing


**written February 13, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment