October 26, 2010

Flesh

as i sit and address the mess
i used to suppress
and stress over my flesh
causing me to regress
to a place where i was so blessed
with the strength to walk away from
i find myself transgressing
obsessing over unscrupulous desires
‘cause
as i was “gassed and passed”
bashed and trashed
i was gashed and slashed
by cupid’s arrow
not lightly pricked into eternal love
but cut deep with no warning thereof
and
left with battle wounds
that require never-ending mending
‘cause if the tending ever ends
the bleeding will begin
and my heart will exhaust
causing more love lost
and exposure of my flesh so infected
infested
unprotected
rejected
neglected
and connected
to a deep desire for satisfaction
through unconsecrated passion
but this distractin attraction
and lustful satisfaction
is an iniquitous action
in the eyes of He who is holyc
ause as i slowly
let my flesh lead me astray
i displace myself futher away
from the very reason in which i pray
in turn
causing ppl to push me away
to protect from any further dismay
and assure their ability to obey
which is okay
but

it wasn't s'posed to be this way...

**written April 14, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment