October 28, 2010

Wishful Thinking

i remembered us today
watched us as an outsider for once
what happened to us?
the us
that used to talk under the stars
basking in their illuminous present
indulging in the presence of each other
all night

you were so tasteful

and everytime i smiled
my chest would hurt from how much you made my heart blush
as it tried to mirror that smile i loved so much

that smile you would emit
each time i would spit some intellect you didnt expect
back when
your kisses were my drug
and your love was my therapy
back when
i would have to pinch myself in the midst of my dreams
just to make sure i wasn't still awake
'cause you were the first to caress me mentally
initially
before trying to get under my skirt
to unearth the most celestial dessert
that would ever grace your lips

you became my bestfriend
and i don't know where he went

im lost

trying to trace my steps back to where i could've lost you
before you lost yourself
before i could find you

but today

as the first few chapters of our story
premiered on the tear-stricken interior of my eyelids
i realized we haven't been hiding
we died before we made it past the prologue
with only our remains on the remaining pages

empty.

the spirit of who we were

transcended to heavenly memories
...gone to a safe place


but do you ever wish they could be resurrected?
i do.

so hold hands with me
as we walk through the valley of the shadow of our death
facing the place where we took our last breath
and finally unbury these burdens we suppressed
in exchange for these empty holes in our chests
fill them with the memories of when we first met

revived.
renewed.
restored.

yea right...

those stars we used to lie under
weren't made for such wishful thinking


No comments:

Post a Comment